Sport Unit 2 - Sport Policy and Campus
Functions of the Unit
- Developing sport policy
- Liaising with the Irish Sports Council
- Facilitating and overseeing the development of the National Sports Campus at Abbotstown (Blanchardstown).
- Preparation of legislation for the merger of the ISC and the NSCDA.
- Completing a new Strategy for the provision of sports facilities throughout the country.
- Administering the National Volunteers Awards Scheme that recognises the valuable contribution of volunteers to sport in Ireland.
- Promoting Ireland as a training base ahead of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and identifying and maximising opportunities across the arts, sports, tourism, cultural and enterprise sectors arising from the proximity of the Games to Ireland.
- International Relations – European Union, Council of Europe, UNESCO
- North/South issues
Sports Unit 2 (Sports Policy & Campus)
Tel: (+353 64) 662 73 07
Fax: (+353 64) 662 73 93